Green Chamber Internship: Event Planner
The Event Planner Intern will gain first-hand knowledge about one of the Green Chamber’s most important activities – Business Networking and Educational Events.
It’s the perfect option for a student studying sustainable business or an individual with event planning or educational experience looking to move into a green career. The Event Planner Internship will offer the Intern many opportunities to build a solid network and gain new skills & experience in event planning & project management and further their knowledge of sustainable business.
This position offers hands-on experience creating, promoting and executing different types of business events. Tasks will include sponsor & speaker solicitation, event logistics and day-of event execution.
The work schedule is flexible with a 10 hour a week and 4-month minimum time commitment and may be done remotely except for attendance at one event per month. The position is unpaid but can work with any academic requirements and the Intern will be reimbursed for travel to and from Green Chamber events (around the Bay Area).
Experience you’ll gain:
- Real world non-profit project management
- Event management skills
- Sponsorship solicitation and relationship-building
- Plus opportunity to create strong green business network
What we require:
- Some experience with event planning or related project management work
- Understanding of the concept of sustainable business
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be a self starter & highly organized
- Fun & personable
- Familiar with social networking media
Please send a letter of interest and resume to: Melinda@greenchamberofcommerce.net